Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's home, it's home!!!

Thank you sooooooo much, Manny!  Your framing is gorgeous as always!!


This is In Loving Memory by Ellen Maurer-Stroh.  It was stitched up for my mother and is now hanging up in our bedroom until Steve can build the little shelf I'd like to have in order to display some of her collectibles and things I associate with her.  Since I still have small children who give whole new meaning to chaos and mayhem, the shelf and its contents will stay safely hidden in our bedroom until they reach an age that isn't associated quite so closely with indoor hurricanes and tornados.

Mom passed the day I finally brought the project to Georgia to show her.  I didn't realize that she could no longer see and I felt like a complete heel for not bringing it to her before just because I wasn't finished with it.  When she passed a couple of hours later, I gave real consideration to simply not finishing this.  Something kicked me in the back of the head later that evening, though.  Maybe one of Mom's heavenly bricks?

Whatever it was, I stopped feeling sorry for myself and got back to work.  All that motivation I'd been struggling to find up until that point seemed to flood back into me and I was finished within a couple of weeks.  I handed it over to Manny for framing and, once again, he turned my little craft into something worth hanging up and showing off.

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty and a wonderful tribute to your mum :)

    ReplyDelete