Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ow. Ooch. It hurts. Did I mention ow?

No pain, no gain.

What neanderthalic masochistic cretin thought that up?  And why am I so bloody determined to prove him right?!?

Okay, so I'm in a bit of pain that may or may not be my own fault and I may or may not be the most gracious about handling said discomfort.  In my defense, I've almost won the latest battle in this summer's war against weeds.  I decided that since I was going to spend an extended period of time inadvertantly doing crunches and working my obliques while sweating in the 90° weather that FINALLY got here, I might as well go ahead and work my quads too.  So each time I bent down to get a good grip on a weed attached to an economy sized root system, I alternated between squats and lunges.  How was I supposed to know the diabolical plants had seen me coming and wrapped themselves around the foundations of my house?!?!

Now I feel like I'm dragging battleship anchors around.  Lots of pain.  Lots and lots of pain. 

So what did I gain?  

An intense desire to ambush and devour an entire pantry of dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment