Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yes, I'm scatter-brained. You'll get used to it.

Spent the day stitching again.  I'm working on a chart depicting a scene from "It's a Wonderful Life" and despite it being all shades of black and grey, it's actually a pretty fun stitch.  While I didn't get a huge amount stitched, I made more progress than I'm used to. 

Sarah spends all her free time on the computer or drawing.  At her age, I'm used to that.  But it's downright wierd that the kids are able to entertain themselves in their playroom for hours at a time now. 

I'm so accustomed to having to get up every few minutes to get them this, that, or the other that it feels like I'm neglecting them now that they don't need me every five minutes.  There's nothing quite like having a 4 year old look up from her playing to say in exasperation "What now?" echoed by her 3 year old little brother.

Of course, the instant I announce that it is naptime for little Hunter, he suddenly becomes very needy again.  On a good note, since my stitching is downstairs and his room is upstairs, I get alot more exercise than I probably normally would. 

Now if I could just stop eating three times the chocolate I'm burning on those steps.

... speaking of which.... what'd I do with that pack of M&Ms?

No comments:

Post a Comment